Parents of students with disabilities in Freeport School District may receive certain assistance through Family Matters, a Parent and Information Center funded by the U.S. Department of Education.
1901 S. 4th Street, Suite 209
Effingham, IL 62401
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Specifically, Family Matters assists parents to:
- better understand the nature of their children's disabilities and their educational and developmental needs;
- communicate effectively with personnel responsible for providing special education, early intervention, and related services;
- participate in decisionmaking processes and the development of individualized education programs (IEPs) under Part B and individualized family service plans under Part C;
- obtain appropriate information about the range of options, programs, services, and resources available to assist children with disabilities and their families;
- understand the provision of IDEA for the education of, and the provision of early intervention services to, children with disabilities; and
- participate in school reform activities.