- Freeport School District 145
- Board Meeting Highlights & Media Releases
April 5, 2022 Board Meeting
Regular meeting on April 5, 2022, the Freeport School District Board of Education:
Superintendent Alvarado acknowledged all the staff, students, parents, and other volunteers to make Showtime 42 a great success, bringing this tradition back to the stage after a two-year absence due to COVID.
Dr. Alvarado recognized two FHS Seniors who signed with the University of Dubuque to continue their education and play basketball.
Dr. Alvarado acknowledged Assistant Principals Week, April 4-8; School Librarian Day, April 4; Paraeducator Day, April 6 .
The Board Received Numerous Reports that will be detailed in the Board Meeting Minutes:
- Enrollment & Attendance Updates
- Nutrition & Dining ISBE Audit - ISBE randomly selected 3 FSD schools (Lincoln-Douglas, Jones-Farrar & FMS) for a lunch & breakfast audit. Overall, the findings showed significant improvement since the last audit in 2018. NDS will work on the findings from the audit, so that these schools are meeting all of the many guidelines ISBE requires for our feeding program.
- Care Solace KPIs (ESSER Grant Funded Support) Utilization Report Terms - The utilization report for services that Care Solace provides in partnership with FSD.
- HB 1167 Update - The Governor just signed HBO 1167 this morning. This bill requires school districts to provide administrative leave days for all employees who have been absent for COVID- related reasons. Key provisions of Administrative Leave Requirements were shared.
- Community Partnership Grant - The Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) announced on March 18, 2022,136 grant awards totaling $86.4 million to support the mental health of students and educators. FSD145 partnership will be in collaboration with the Freeport Boys & Girls Club, Children's Home & Aid and the Midwest PBIS Network. The amount of the grant is $635K, over a 2 year period.
- Technology Overview - Tom Elzen, Director of Technology and Tim Mangan, Technology Integration Specialist, presented the 2021-22 Technology Overview.
- Curriculum & Instruction - C&I presented 3 Reports:
- Summer Guidebook, the guiding document in planning for Summer School 2022;
- Middle School Electives - A plan was presented that aligns with the Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act, required by the state of Illinois.
- New Courses 5th Grade Orchestra, Band & Choir, AVID Excel, 7 & 8 Grade Strategies - detailed presentation was made regarding proposed new Electives for Carl Sandburg and FMS.
- FSD Equity Framework - The Equity Framework aligns with the Three Year Vision and Mission of the Freeport SD. It also aligns with the Illinois State Board of Education, Equity Journey Continuum Tool.
Took Action in Favor Of Previously Presented Items:
- Assistant Director of Interventions & Inclusion
- CPI Training Agreement Renewal
- 2022-23 Differential Request
- Job Description - Accounts Payable Clerk
- Job Description - Floating Custodian
- Job Description - Director of Facilities & Grounds
- Plumber Job Description
The public is always invited and encouraged to attend Freeport School District Board of Education meetings. The next scheduled regular meeting will be held on Tuesday, April 5, at 6:00 PM. Meetings can be accessed virtually and information on joining the meetings can be found here.