At its regular meeting on May 7, 2019, the Freeport School District Board of Education:
● Recognized two students as Young Authors winners and recognized two staff members for being honored with awards through the Northwest Region of the Illinois Principals Association. FHS Family Resource Coordinator/Coach Anthony Dedmond received a Non-Certified Support Personnel Leadership Award and Blackhawk ELL teacher Ramon Viveros received a Teacher Leadership Award. (Additional contact: Mrs. Jesse Johnson, Communications Specialist, 815-801-0109, email@example.com)
● Approved bids for several building updates or repairs to take place during the summer, including replacement of flooring at Jones-Farrar IB World School, replacement of windows at Freeport High School, and an entrance and security renovation at the Administration Building. (Additional contact: Dr. Patrick McDermott, Asst. Superintendent of Business & Finance, 815-232-0300, firstname.lastname@example.org)
● Approved a proposal to add the position of IB Primary Years Program Coordinator. (Additional contact: Dr. Duane Meighan, Asst. Superintendent of Curriculum & Instruction, 815-232-0300, email@example.com)
● Approved a proposal for a Freeport High School unique field trip to England and France in Summer 2020. As part of the trip, students will develop their understanding of math, science, and technology and will learn how these are used all over the world. (Additional contact: Dr. Beth Summers, Freeport High School Principal, 815-232-0400, firstname.lastname@example.org)
● Approved a proposal of recommended differential positions. (Additional contact: Mr. Chris Shockey, Director of Human Resources, 815-232-0300, email@example.com)
The public is always invited and encouraged to attend Freeport School District Board of Education meetings. Meetings will be held on May 20, 21, 22, and 23 as part of the Superintendent Search process. More details will be shared as they become available.