Welcome to Freeport School District 145!
About 4,100 students come to Freeport Public Schools each day. We consider it our job to open the door of learning for each one. Located in the northwest corner of Illinois, Freeport School District 145 (FSD145) serves the children of Freeport (population 26,000) and the nearby bedroom communities of Cedarville (population 750) and Ridott (population 150).
Today, FSD145 maintains ten busy school buildings: an elementary International Baccalaureate school, five additional elementary schools (preschool - 4th grade), one grade 5-6 school, one grade 7-8 school, one high school (9th - 12th grade), and one alternative high school, as well as a smaller transitional education facility. Our dedicated staff of 725, encouraged and supported by the school board and the administration, works diligently to understand and meet the needs of each of our students.
In partnership with students, family and community, we educate every student for the challenges of today and the opportunities of tomorrow through the continuous pursuit of excellence.
Our Governing Values:
- We provide a high quality education for all students.
- We treat each person with fairness and respect.
- We model and expect responsible citizenship in our community.
- We provide a safe and healthy environment for everyone.
- We communicate openly and cooperatively.
- We continuously improve in everything we do.