- Freeport Middle School
Return to Headlines
Friday, February 15th, 2019
- There will be a dance at the Boys & Girls Club tonight from 7:30-10:00. Must bring school ID to get in. The cost is $3 for non-members and $2 for members.
- If you are interested in joining the scholastic bowl team, there is still time! For the remainder of the season, practices will be held on Wednesdays AND Thursdays in room 215. Come join us for this competitive trivia game on both or either day. We have matches coming up, and we need a full team! See Mrs. Walocha or Ms. Crawford with questions.
- Attention 7th and 8th grade boys basketball players: There will be a meeting in the small gym on Tuesday after school regarding the 12 month program.
- AVID TIME will be available EVERY Monday that we have school in January and February. AVID Elective students please plan to come and work on academics and have a snack. We will be done at 3:30 PM.
- The February Goal for PBIS is: The Scholars will have 50 or less Office Managed Disruptive Conduct Referrals.
- Attention all students: If you plan on attending any FMS sporting event you must have your ID. The administration will be scanning your ID and checking for any violations that may have occurred in the last 7 days. You will be turned away at the gate if you have more than 2 tardies, or if you have more than 1 unexcused absence from any of your classes or if you have received any office managed referrals. We want all of you coming out to support all of our sports teams, but only if you are doing the right things in your classes.
- 8th graders: Effective November 5th, scholars will not be able to participate in promotion activities at the end of the school year if they do not meet the following criteria:
- Successfully complete ELA/Math with 70% proficiency and meet at least 4 out of 6 performance areas.
- Receive more than 7 days of ATS or more than 5 of out of school suspension between November 5th and the promotion ceremony in May.
- Have any outstanding fines at the time of promotion.