- Carl Sandburg School
Announcements for 3/13/20
CSS Shared Vision
In partnership with students, families and our community, we challenge all students to achieve excellence, become college and career ready, and make a positive impact in a global society.
We will show Pretzel Pride by being Safe, Respectful and Responsible at Carl Sandburg, at all times.
Siempre demostraremos nuestro Pretzel pride siendo cuidadosos, respetuosos, y responsables en nuestra escuela Carl Sandburg
- Lunch/recess -Be prepared to go outside for recess, but it will still be dependent on the weather.
- 6th Graders: If you are planning to go to college and are interested in the AVID elective at FMS, please get a green AVID application to complete with your family. They are available in the main office or from Mrs. Hodges. Thank you to the students who have already submitted their applications.
- FoR needs your help! FoR is collecting clear plastic bottles. If you want to help, place your empty bottles in our collection box near the Community Box during lunch! Have some empties at home? Bring them in and bring to Ms. Wallin, Ms. Wilson, or Mr. Kramer! Thanks - FoR Club
- Attention all boys and girls. Starting on Monday March 16th, you will be able to attend basketball practices at the Carl Sandburg gym designed to increase your skills and abilities. All fifth and sixth grade girls can attend on Mondays and Wednesdays while the fifth and sixth grade boys can attend on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This will run for seven weeks with no practices during spring break. You only have to attend those dates that work for you. Please bring your friends and learn the game of basketball.
- With a couple weeks left until Spring Break, we will be focusing on behaviors that are seen as insubordination and disruptive conduct. Insubordination is defined as when a student engages in a refusal to follow directions or shows open disrespect to school personnel. Disruptive conduct is when a student engages in behavior that causes a substantial disruption to the learning environment. Focus on following expectations and being safe, respectful and responsible.
- Any boy or girl, grades 5th or 6th, interested in playing middle school golf can pick up a schedule and talk to Coach Gallie during lunch on Tuesday, March 17th. The program is free, transportation is provided, and if you need equipment we can help find you clubs. Beginning golfers are welcomed. There is a parent meeting in the FMS conference center at 5:30 PM on Tuesday, March 31st
Today’s lunch: Popcorn Chicken Bowl, Picnic Box or Salad Bar
Monday’s breakfast: WG Sprinkle Donut or Assorted Cereal