- Carl Sandburg School
Return to Headlines
Announcements for 3/15/19
- 5th graders will be taking the Illinois Science Assessment next Monday and Tuesday. This will be a quiet zone during those days. Also, the mobile labs will taken to the 5th grade classrooms today and will be for testing only until after the test. Please have all computers on the cart.
- Our March goals are for each grade level to show a 10% reduction in overall referrals. 5th grade needs to be at about 7 per day and are currently at 6.4, and 6th needs to be at about 11 a day and are currently at 13. Also, we want to lower our overall number of referrals for leaving without permission to about 3 a day or less and are currently at 1.5. Keep working hard to show your PRIDE here at Carl Sandburg.
- The 5th-grade business students will be selling items on Tuesday, March 19th during lunch. Please bring your money to purchase items such as fruit kabobs, cupcakes, stress balls, stress bottles, fortnite items, face painting, and much more. Look for flyers around the school to see the cost of the items. We look forward to your business.
- Any boy or girl interested in playing middle school golf can pick up a schedule and talk to Coach Gallie during lunch on Thursday, March 21st. The program is free, transportation is provided, and if you need equipment we can help find your clubs. Beginning golfers are welcomed. There is a parent meeting in the FMS conference center at 6:00 PM on April 2nd.
- Attention tryouts for the 2019-2020 FMS Cheerleading squad will be held April 15th-17th at FMS. Any 6th grader interested can pick up an informational packet in the main office beginning today, March 15th. ALL paperwork and a current physical must be turned in by April 12th in order to participate in tryouts. Any questions contact Coach Owens.
- Attention all 6th grade boys. If your interested in playing tackle football for the 2019-2020 FMS there will be a short meeting on Wednesday, March 20th in the cafeteria. If you need a flyer please pick one up in the main office.
Today’s Lunch: WG Pretzel with Cheese Sauce, Muffin & Yogurt Box or Salad Bar
Monday’s Breakfast: Breakfast Burge