Mr. Matthew BohrerPrincipal
Mr. Bohrer has served as principal of Lincoln-Douglas Elementary School since July 1, 2016. He has previously held principal positions at Indian Knoll Elementary School (West Chicago, IL), Rupley Elementary School (Elk Grove, IL), Prairie Hill School (Cary, IL), and Deer Path Elementary School (Cary, IL). He has also had prior experience as an assistant principal and classroom teacher.
Mr. Bohrer holds a Master of Science degree in Education Leadership from Aurora University. He also holds a Master of Science degree in Mathematics Education from the University of Illinois at Chicago and a Bachelor of Science degree in Elementary Education from Manchester College.Work Information
Responsible for the general supervision and educational leadership of Lincoln-Douglas Elementary School. This includes providing instructional leadership, managing and promoting the educational development of students, and following all policies and procedures set forth by the Freeport Board of Education and the Illinois State Board of Education.
- Monitor and supervise the Lincoln-Douglas School Improvement Plan
- Set high expectations for staff and students
- As part of the team, use multiple data sources as diagnostic tools to assess student growth, identify areas for improvement, and apply instructional strategies to increase student learning
- Support the atmosphere of teamwork and collaborative culture within the building
- Enforce the Student Code of Conduct and the Code of the Dragon