Brian LammPrincipalTaylor Park Elementary School(815)-232-0390Work InformationMy primary role as principal of Taylor Park Elementary School is to provide leadership to teachers and all staff members that facilitates and motivates the best possible instruction for all students.Key Responsibilities
- Overseeing teachers and staff to insure effectiveness of their jobs
- Coordinate daily routines and all activities within the school building
- Communicate effectively with teachers, staff members, parents, students, community, and FSD145 upper administration
- Ensure the safety of all students and staff
- Making recommendations to improve curriculum and staff development
- Planning and submitting annual budgets,coordinating staff and faculty meetings, and maintaining student records
Mr. Lamm began his role as Principal of Taylor Park Elementary School in November 2015. Prior to coming to Taylor Park Elementary School, he served as Assistant Principal at Freeport Middle School for four and a half years. Prior to that, Mr. Lamm taught 7th and 8th grade English Language Arts at Freeport Middle School for seven years, as well as 3rd and 4th grade at Lincoln-Douglas Elementary School for five years.
Mr. Lamm also gained administration experience by serving as Principal of FSD’s 2015 Elementary Summer Learning program.
Mr. Lamm holds a Master of Science degree in Educational Administration from Northern Illinois University, a Bachelor of Science degree in Elementary Education from Illinois State University, and an Associate of Arts degree from Rock Valley College.
Lamm, who grew up in Rockford, lives in Freeport with his wife Amy, an ELA teacher at Carl Sandburg Middle School, and their two young children.