Nita WhiteDirector of Equity & CurriculumFreeport School District #145
(815) 232-0300Work Information
Provides leadership in the development, implementation, and coordination of the Freeport School District's curriculum, assessment, and instruction; and provides leadership to the district in its efforts to provide equal educational opportunities to all students.
- Assists the Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction with guiding the development, implementation, and evaluation of curriculum and instructional services
- Collaborates with Central Office staff, Building Administrators and Curriculum Coordinators to meet the goals of the Districts ELA and Math Curriculum
- Assists in the evaluation, analysis and interpretation of data with the ELA and Math Coordinators and Building Administrators
- Serves as Chairperson and facilitator of Equity Steering Committee.
- Serves as the District’s PBIS Administrator
- Coordinates the Family Resource Coordinator Program
- Oversees implementation of the District’s AVID Program
- Supervises and evaluates principals as assigned
Nita White began serving as Director of Equity for Freeport School District in July 2015. Her previous experience includes several years as an elementary principal in School District U-46 in Elgin, IL, and in Fort Bend Independent School District in Sugar Land, TX. Nita has also had experience as a high school assistant principal, principal, and district bilingual coordinator at other schools in Texas and Illinois.
Nita holds a Master’s degree in Instructional Leadership from the University of Illinois in Chicago and a Bachelor’s degree in Economics from Howard University in Washington, D.C.